If ever I needed a day for escapism, it's this one. I can hardly bear the wait to find out the outcome of this election, and it may take days, if not weeks to know the final result. To take my mind of this awful anxiety, I'm finishing up some partially read books, and then I'll start on Christmassy reads.
I have no freaking idea why this alignment isn't working right and although it's driving me crazy, I give up trying to make it work right. Blogger has gotten buggier and buggier over the years, and their themes have gotten less and less attractive to me, but it's still the easiest for me to use, so I'll put up with it. Grumble.
Ahem, back to book business.
I started Crazy, Stupid Bromance (£2.99 on Kindle) a few days ago, and then got distracted by listening to an audiobook. I picked this back up with my first cup of coffee this morning and read the last 2/3 of it in no time. Once again, Lyssa Kay Adams has knocked it out of the park. She really can twang all the emotions over and over, tackle social issues with heart, and build one hell of a cast of characters. This is the third in the series, and I'm already anxiously waiting for the fourth, which won't be until mid-2021, if I recall correctly. I hope that this series will go on for quite a while, because I'm really invested in all the characters and will love to be kept up to date on them through snippets about their lives in later books.
What else will I do today to keep my mind occupied? I think I'll either make some bread or a cake, do some organizing of yarn and fabric, take care of a couple of loads of laundry, deal with a grocery delivery, and then settle down with my current audiobook, The Duke and I, which is the only one of the Bridgerton series I've read. I'm going to re-read it, then work my way through as many of the rest of them as I can in anticipation of the Netflix show airing on December 25. I never much cared for series for most of my reading life, needing the boost of new characters and settings to keep things interesting for me. It's just been in the last few years that I've discovered a love for them, so I have a lot of catch up reading to do. What a horrible chore, eh? Luckily, I've found most of the Bridgerton series in audiobook on Scribd! If you don't have a subscription there, I urge you to consider it. It's £7.99 a month, the price of a Kindle book, for ebooks, articles, audiobooks, podcasts, etc. Great stuff.
Starting tomorrow, the UK is going into lockdown again. I've only left the house once since March 3, to go to the bank. I'll have to go there for a second time in the next several days to deposit some international checks before they expire, but after that I'm good for a few more months. Being a homebody and borderline agoraphobic helps in times like these. I feel sorry for more extroverted people who feel trapped. I feel wonderful myself, and haven't had a bit of restlessness. But, regardless of our make-up, it's about being safe and keeping others safe.

No comments:
Post a Comment